May 01, 2018
Today I saw the final cut of our film—Fatal Flaws. The work on this full-length feature film began in December 2016 and led to its producer travelling twice to Europe, once to Newfoundland and throughout the U.S.A. Fatal Flaws contains interviews with people who have been personally affected by assisted death (euthanasia and/or assisted suicide) legislation. It also features interviews with leaders of the euthanasia lobby.
Fatal Flaws is a powerful film that effectively exposes the fatally flawed ideology of the euthanasia lobby. It is our goal to awaken people about the reality of euthanasia and assisted suicide and to protect people from assisted death.
EPC has produced a companion pamphlet to reinforce the message of the film. It features the following stories:
- Helen’s elderly mother was pressured to die by euthanasia. Helen intervened, obtaining a second opinion for her mother, where it was determined that she was not dying, she was healthy.
- Margreet lost her mother to euthanasia without request. People need to watch this powerful and sad story.
- Candice Lewis from Newfoundland, Canada, was pressured by her doctor to ask for assisted death. The doctor thought that Candice’s life was not worth living. She doesn’t want this to happen to anyone else.
- Nancy, a former three-term New Hampshire state rep, was caring for her terminally ill husband while the legislature was debating legalizing assisted suicide. Clearly the bill allowed people like her husband to be killed.
- Dr. Toffler, a physician in Oregon, cared for his wife for more than 5 years before she died a truly dignified death.
When I say that Fatal Flaws will change the way you think about euthanasia and assisted suicide, it is because we produced the film with recognition of what it means to be human. It is part of human nature to be vulnerable; we all go through challenging experiences. At some point we will question the meaning of our lives.
Order 1 DVD + 100 pamphlets for $75 (shipping and taxes are included). Individual and more bulk pricing is available. Order online here.
EPC has already received pre-orders for more than 400 copies of the DVD. Kevin Dunn, co-producer of the film, is going to Guernsey, a British island off the coast of Normandy, to show it in their legislature.
A huge thank you to the many donors who helped us meet all our payments last month. As the production came to an end, the demand upon our finances increased. We continue to face expenses related to the final touches and promotion of the film. Many people made a generous donation to enable the completion of Fatal Flaws.
We are now urging you, our supporter, to organize a screening in your community. We prefer that it be done in a public location such as a rented theater or a public library but the message needs to get out.
Donations to EPC have made a difference. Your financial support is needed to develop a campaign to widen interest in the film. If you have not done so, please consider becoming a monthly donor.
Executive Director & International Chair